Friday, June 22, 2012

Fishing is FUN!!!










Kids have been dying to go fishing, so off we went to the Nature Park in Rexburg to see how the fishing was there.  All the kids loved it of course!!  Even if they got skunked....they enjoyed being outside, playing on the play ground and worming the hooks.   Earlier in the Spring they had caught a turtle, so we also returned him to his home, I think he was pretty happy!!!  Karli has always been tomboyish, and she was so brave to cut her worm in half and squish him on the hook.  After a few hours of catching NOTHING, Layton was getting pretty tired and ready for a nap.  So I took him home to get a nap, Justice was there to make sure he got a good one. The rest of the kids wanted to stay longer and keep trying, so I took Kason and Karli with me.  The boys, Austin, Ethan and Ryley stayed  I grabbed some pizzas and drinks and we ate at the park.  It was finally time to go, Justice had to get to work and the kids were bummed!!  Somedays, just aren't good fishing days.....but it was still a good day to try!!!  Later in the week Travis took them fishing again, they had better luck.  I think I was the bad luck charm.  Dad is a better fisherman anyways, I am too chicken to touch anything!!!

No comments: