Monday, September 12, 2011









Okay so the day before school started the kids begged me to go swimming!! They really wanted to go the sand bar in St. Anthony, afterall it was the last day of summer, and school was going to start...we had to have one last day of fun!! So went.....well all was going well and kids were having fun, we even brought our puppy Thor to come play too!! Then Ethan comes running up to me with his face and hands covered in blood, spitting at me "my teeth are knocked out". I have him show me, and sure enough he is missing teeth.....I yell at everyone to get in the car we gotta go NOW!! So we load everything up and I call our dentist, who is also our next door neighbor and let him know we are coming in with an emergency!!

We get there and they start numbing him up with some shots and take a few x-rays to figure out how much damage has been done. His teeth are completely knocked loose and they are hoping to save them. They did a splint and formed some fake teeth, like a crown and then glued a metal wire across the front to support them more!! We are waiting to see if they will retake and be okay without having to have them pulled completely! 12 days later they removed the wire off the front and we are still waiting. It will be 3 months or more till they know if his teeth will survive!! He was pretty sore for a few days, and talked with a lisp for several days. It drove us crazy to hear his funny voice with this lisp. Thankfully he talking normal now!! Here are some pics to show you the damage!!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved going through the last few posts. I feel sad for Ethan and I hope that he can keep the parts of the teeth. I loved all the pictures of activities. Love that you blog.
I will be updating the family blog too with a bunch of pictures.
Love you all! Mom

Monk Family said...

Yikes! Hope those little teeth hold strong for him!

The Ridgeways said...

Oh MY!!!! I hope they make it! Ouch!