Sunday, November 16, 2008

Computer Woes!

You either hate them or love them, computers. Last week our fairly new computer crashed. I almost died, since I have like over a thousand pics from this year on it. And, though I have been told several times to burn them on a CD "just in case" I did not heed! Luckily Travis was able to save all my pictures. Hopefully our computer will be up and running by the middle of this week. I have been sorta lost with out it. We have our old computer hooked up to at least have the internet. We do not have email and have not for over a week. I am going crazy!! I have lots of pics to get on my blog and have to wait to post them till our computer is fixed. Thought I should at least post a message, so everyone knows we are still alive and are still somewhat floating around cyber space.
We are all doing really well, getting more and more settled in our new house and are busy with all of lifes adventures. Justice has been busy doing some choir concerts, she has one next week, at her school so I am excited to go see her sing! Austin is busy as ever in school, and is getting close to completing his Bear in scouts. He will be a Webelo in March!! Ethan is bouncing off the walls as usual, and still loves to help clean! Karli is loving Kindergarten and is doing a great job. She is really learning to read well, we are very impressed! Ryley loves going to "college" at BYU-I for his preschool, and has a field trip this week, which I get to go with him. He is very excited to ride the bus for a field trip. Kason has gotten to be so expressive, funny and dramatic. He is just so funny to watch, and of course he is just eating it up, my little ham!
Hey Travis caught a bank robber!! Okay so he didn't exactly catch him. He turned himself in. He came into the sheriffs office and said he needed to confess to robbing a bank in Texas and that he was going to rob a bank in Rexburg, but the people were just so nice! How wierd is that! Thank goodness we are such nice people here! He is a return missionary, and from the Netherlands. He is older in his 50's. The FBI in Texas wanted to let him go, but Travis and the prosecuter found a creative way to hold him jail till the stories could get settled. Come to find out he really did rob a bank!! The crazy stories Travis has! Needles to say Travis is busy as usual at work. I am now a part time employee at Deseret Book! Yeah! I have wanted to work there since we got one several years ago, now I am working there as seasonal help and hoping to stay on after the holidays even if it is just a few hours a week. I started on Election day, and work about 15 hours a week, usually I go in around 6:00pm or 5:00pm and get off about 9:30pm, a couple days a week and then work several hours on Saturdays. Travis is usually home, but if we have a conflict, Justice is so willing to step in and help out. She is a great daughter and is so helpful with being the 2nd mom!! So there is a brief synopsis of the days of our lives in Sugar City!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. Ours did the same thing 2 months ago. It was too far gone, so Dave took it apart for fun.

That's exciting that you get to work at Deseretbook. I love that store. I wish we had one up here in Spokane.

Can't wait to see some pics.

:) Tiff