Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We miss Coco!!

Last night was a horrible night with our puppy. I got her home from the vet again, with the diagnosis that she has epilepsy. The vet put her on phenobarb twice a day, unfortunelty it did not help her, she had 3 seizures with in 5 hours, her one at 10:00pm was terrible, the worst I have ever seen. I was freaking out, yelling for Travis to get her. It was just a horrible sight. After she seizures she is very disoriented and mad. She bites and runs around the house very confused. We called the people we bought her from and they are taking her back and returning us our money. She was very nice and apoligetic. I feel so bad for the puppy, she is miserable. I did call the vet to let him know she is still having seizures on the medicine, and he had me up her amount. I really hope she will be okay, and that the seizures will be managed okay.
Needless to say I am on the quest for a new little baby girl. I found some in Inkom, ID, near Pocatello, and some in Afton WY. They are only 2 weeks old, so I may put a deposit on one of the girls. I really do want to try again. TRavis said if there is anything wrong with this dog, we are done with puppies!! I am sad we do not have Coco anymore, but hopefully she can get better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Coco. That's so sad! Glad you were able to get your money back. That sound so scary. It's hard not knowing what kind of dog you'll get. Our Little Lady was so sweet, but just kept digging out and running away, so we had to give her up. I was literally chasing her down the street every other day.

Good luck finding another pup:)

thomas family said...

I am so sorry you had to give poor Coco back, what a cute little face she had. Hopefully you can find another puppy soon. So sad. Hope you and the kids are doing okay, that was probably really hard to do.
Take care.

amber and james said...

THAT IS SO SAD! What luck huh!!! I hate stuff like that! I hope you find another puppy! I am glad that they gave you your money back! That is so weird! You did a good job at taking care of her! At least she wasn't frozen solid or something! It is hard to get so attached ant then have that happen!