Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Been busy!!

So I see it has been a while since I have posted anything on our blog. We are still around, just have lots of things going on. Nothing super exciting to report on. But I will do a little synopsis of our happenings. We have not replaced our little puppy, Coco, we have decided to wait till this Spring or Summer to try the puppy thing again. I do really want another Maltese though. WE have been busy with scouts, work, church, and all the little things that come with kids!! I had a great Valentines Day, Travis is so very thoughtful. The day before, Friday he had roses sent to me, a puppy and basket of candy sent to Justice at school, and a puppy with heart filled with candy sent to Karli at school. How sweet!! The boys were a little jealous, but get it that they would not want a puppy or balloons sent to the school for them. Austin has a little Valentine, it is so cute, he bought her a little stuffed puppy and box of chocolates with his own money. So cute, but am I starting a bad thing at 9 (almost 10)!! It was cute and innocent, so I am not going to make a huge deal with it. Travis and I went out on Saturday to dinner and a movie. We had a nice evening out. Thanks to our built in babysitter, Justice!! WHEW!!
Yesterday I went with the kids to Idaho Falls to do some errands and to stop at Amber's to visit and so kids could see cousins for a couple of hours. Travis was headed off to work, so I thought!!
I returned home to find him busily painting my kitchen and hallway!! What a sweetie!! I thought he was off working instead he was home working on getting the rest of our projects done!! So my kitchen is just about finished, minus the new countertops. He painted it a dark chocolate brown, is so pretty!! I as nervous going so dark, and that is what has been taking us so long to get it all painted, so he decided to just go for it. I am so glad he did!! It looks great, I will get some pics when it is all painted!!
Also this weekend, my Grandfather passed away. He has been sick for a few months, and finally is relieved of all his pain and suffering. I am sad he is gone, but know he is truely happy to be his mom and dad and other family members. He does leave his wife, my sweet grandma, who I know is suffering a broken heart not having her companion with her on earth anymore. I love them both very much, and look forward to seeing my grandmother in June!!
Well that is pretty much all the happenings with us thus far!! I will get some pics posted here soon!! LOL!!

4 comments:

Brooke Monk said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa-they're pretty special men that's for sure. I saw Travis Saturday night at Red Robin and I looked for you but never did spot you. Miss you lots! By the way, visiting teaching just isn't the same without you!

LeAnn said...

Wow, you have been busy having fun.
I loved all of the Valentine news. Thanks, Travis for being a great husband and father and doing some really thoughtful things for the girls in your life; and of course you are my son, so that is great also. I loved Austin doing the Valentine thing. I think it was so cute.
Amanda, I am sad to hear about your grandfather.
Miss you all and am glad we will be seeing you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love that Justice and Karli got Valentine's at school, that's too sweet! Oh Austin, I remember being 10 and having crushes. Good times:)

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Don't you just love this blogging world!